Why Join Sigma Xi?
We have an active Chapter that is looking for ways to enrich the scientific teaching and research culture of this University.
- Noteworthy achievement as an original investigator in a field of pure or applied science is required in order to become a member.
- Network. Meet peers in other disciplines and colleges. Develop collaboration and grant opportunities. Get connected around the world with over 500 chapters, 70,000 fellow Sigma Xi members.
- Broaden professional horizons. Sigma Xi is interdisciplinary.
- Sigma Xi Chapters are found in universities and colleges, government laboratories and commercial industry research centers in North America and around the world.
- Subscription and free pdfs for the premier interdisciplinary journal, American Scientist.
- Sigma Xi members are eligible for discounts on subscriptions to Nature and Annual Reviews as well as a 10 percent discount on all Sigma Xi publications and merchandise.
- Members also enjoy affinity program discounts for insurance, car rental, travel, long term care insurance, and more.
- Free e-mail alias. Use for forwarding e-mail. Sigma Xi members also enjoy participation in other Social and Professional Networks such as LinkedIn and ResearchGate.
- The Grants-in-Aid of Research Program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students. Certain funds are restricted for use by individuals who are referred by Sigma Xi members or who are members.
- Impact on university policies, programs, and procedures. Sigma Xi could help you achieve your agenda.
- Induction into Sigma Xi has been a milestone in more than 500,000 distinguished research careers since the founding of the Society in 1886.